The NDC-USA has released guidelines and fees approved for their upcoming elections on December 3, 2022, in Houston Texas.
We reproduce the full press release below:
Re: NDC USA Chapter Conference Decisions.
On Monday, November 7, 2022, the Chapter Executives NDC USA, met and made the following decisions regarding the upcoming Chapter Conference 2022. They are as follows:
- Chapter Executive Position Nomination & Filing Fees- After a prolong discussions, the following fee schedule was voted on and approved;
- Vice Chairman-$800.00
- Secretary. $800
- Organizer. $600
- Women’s Organizer-$600
- Youth Organizer $600
- Treasurer. $600
- Communication Officer-$600
- Zongo Caucus Coordinator-$600 ( However, it must be noted that this position was later approved by FEC after the 11/7/22 Execs meeting)
- All Deputies- $500.
- Time Table for Election.- The following timetable was discussed and approved ;
- Pickup of nomination forms & Submission – November 9-17, 2022. ( All forms are to be requested and submitted on or before 11:59 pm EST, on November 17, 2022, and TIME-STAMPED, NO EXCEPTION.
- Forms are to be requested and submitted to Comrade Frederick Johnson-Chairman of the Chapter Electoral Cttee-+1 (301) 537-0195
- Vetting-November 18th-23rd
- Appeals if any -November 24th-29th.
- December 2nd, launching of the 30th Anniversary Lecture
- In-person election date-December 3rd.
- Choice of venue-After a very lengthy deliberation on the choice of venue to host the upcoming chapter conference, several branches were suggested. Namely, Chicago, Minnesota, Texas, New York, Ohio, California, and Kentucky. Only two branches, however, were finally proposed in a motion that was duly seconded. They are:
- New York Branch
- Texas Branch
The results of the voting are:
New York-5 votes
Texas -12 votes
1 Executive member could not vote at the time due to the fact that she was on a flight at that time.
Another one who tried to join from Ghana could not cast a vote either due to poor Internet connectivity issues.
Comrades, Texas branch was therefore chosen by a majority decision as mandated by the NDC Constitution, ARTICLE 15: CONSTITUENCY CONFERENCE
- There shall be a Constituency Conference held every four (4) years to elect Party officers at a venue within the constituency.
- The Constituency Conference shall be convened by the Chairman of the Constituency Executive Committee in consultation with the Constituency Executive.”
The Texas branch has accepted to host the event in Houston and has almost completed the logistics of hosting such an august event. Ladies and gentlemen, NDC USA’s 2022 Chapter conference WILL take place in Houston, TX, on December 3rd as already stated.
For the avoidance of doubts,
- Nomination and filing fees remain as originally agreed and aforementioned.
- All payments must be paid to the Chapter Treasurer Dr. Faith Ababio, with a copy of the receipt of payment sent to the chapter secretary-Steve Dei.
- All fees are non-refundable
- All nomination forms should be requested from the Chairman of the Chapter Electoral Cttee-Comrade Frederick Johnson.
- The venue for the NDC USA Chapter Conference is Houston, TX.
- The date of the Conference is Dec 3, 2022.
- All branch membership spreadsheets must be sent to the chapter secretary, with 60% of total membership dues remitted to the chapter treasurer-Dr. Faith Ababio, no later than November 15, 2022.
- 70% of total branch executive filing fees remitted to same.
- Only branches that have successfully conducted their election within the month of October-November, 2022 shall be eligible to participate in the upcoming chapter conference.
- Only names on the branch membership list submitted to the chapter secretary deemed duly qualified as stipulated in the Standing Orders, to guide the external chapter elections and approved by FEC- shall be eligible to contest and vote during the upcoming chapter elections.
- 2.1 QUALIFICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
- 2.2 Eligibility
- To qualify to contest elections at the Chapter level, the aspirant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- i. Must be a member of the party in good standing for at least four years (must have paid at least 4years dues)
- ii. Must not be a member of any other political Party.
- iii. Must have attained the age of 18 years and above.
- iv. Must be a registered and active Member in the last four (4) years within a Branch, except otherwise determined by the Chapter and the International Relations Directorate.
- v. Must not be serving sanctions occasioned by a breach of any of the provisions under Article 48(8) clauses a-f of the Party’s Constitution.
- vi. An Executive member of the Chapter may stand for re-election if he/she meets the necessary criteria.
- Vii A member of the chapter elections/vetting committee shall be ineligible to contest in the elections in that Chapter where the person is supervising.
- 2.3 Voting/Delegates
- To qualify to vote, one must:
- i. Be a registered member of a Branch in good standing (and must have paid at least 2 years’ dues up to and including October 2022
- ii. If you are a member for less than two years, you must be paid up for the period for which you have been a member.
- iii. Have his/her name appear in the Branch Register.
- Iv Must have been a registered member of a branch on or before the 30th of June 2022.
Any further information regarding the upcoming NDC USA Conference shall be communicated with urgency, as soon as it becomes available.