The presidential candidate of the Progressive Peoples Party (NPP) has described as needless and a complete waste of time its litigation with the Electoral Commission (EC) following his disqualification.
According to him, his exclusion from the race would not have happened if “we have had a properly constituted voters register”.
Dr. Nduom made the comment after he together with two others were cleared by the EC to contest the December 7 general elections after they were disqualified with six others last month.
Following a Supreme Court order to the election management body to allow all 13 aspirants correct the errors on their nomination form.
After a careful scrutiny, Dr. Nduom, flagbearers of the National Democratic Party (NDP) and Peoples National Convention (PNC), Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings and Dr. Edward Mahama have been given the green light to contest the December polls.
But Dr. Nduom on Joy FM maintained that the prolonged litigation after his victory at the High Court could have been avoided.
“It’s a waste of time, money, emotions too much stress for the wrong reasons. It was totally needless” he stressed.
This notwithstanding, Dr. Nduom said court issues gave the PPP some visibility and they will leverage on it to win the December polls.
“We have gained some visibility even though a lot of time has been lost. We are going to campaign vigorously in the towns and villages because we are in this race to win. Anyone who thinks otherwise is their own problem” he stated.
Dr. Nduom said they will celebrate victory with a mammoth rally in the Central region this weekend to kick start their nationwide campaign.