The Asanteman Council of North America (ACONA), the umbrella organization which coordinates the activities of its member organizations i.e, the various Asanteman Associations in USA and Canada has expelled The Asanteman Association of Washington Metro Area, The Asantefuohene of the Association, Nana Kofi Boateng and the Asantefuohene of Asanteman Association of USA in New York, Nana Tieku Acheampong.
Their expulsion were based on the following grounds:
(1) Gross misconduct and activities detrimental and prejudicial to the aims and objectives of ACONA’s constitution.
(2) Insubordination by disobeying specific orders by the Council for member associations not to attend the swearing-in ceremony of a dissident Asante group in Columbus, Ohio, on July 3rd and 4th 2015.
( 3) Engaging in conspiracy and subversive activities with a group and some non ACONA members and New York Asanteman Association to undermine the leadership, and the organizational structure of ACONA.
(4) Calculated efforts by the defendants to destroy the good name and reputation of ACONA.
By virtue of Article Vi of ACONA constitution and bylaws defendants were given up to October 18, 2015 to appear and defend the charges filed against them. However, no defense or response was received from the defendants. Nana Kofi Boateng sent a note of his intention not to appear to answer or defend those allegations. He however contested the jurisdiction of the Council to hear that case.
Therefore on October18 2015, the Council having met and carefully reviewed and considered all the allegations finds and judges as follows:
1. That the Council by virtue of Article 1V,Section 2 of the Constitution has the legislative and policy making authority of ACONA and therefore competent to hear and decide subject matter
2. That the Council after considering each allegation finds the Defendants guilty of all the charges against them
3. That Pursuant to Article viii defendants Nana Kofi Boateng, and Asanteman Association of Washington DC are expelled from membership of ACONA forth with or with immediate effect.
4. That they hence forth must cease and desist from using ACONA name in any dealings or communication with any person or entity.
5. Defendants to surrender to the secretariat any documents about ACONA that they have in their possession within two weeks after this judgment
NANA OSEI ANANE