News Headlines
Home » Gen. News » Presidential Press Corps snubbed at Nuamah’s funeral

Presidential Press Corps snubbed at Nuamah’s funeral

Members of the Presidential Press Corps are angry and agitated after they were denied the opportunity to read their prepared tribute at the funeral of their departed colleague Samuel Nuamah, StarrFMonline.com has gathered.

Members of the corps who expressed their anger in an interview with StarrFMonline.com said they believe authorities at the Flagstaff House deliberately engineered their snub over fears that they may expose the real state of affairs in relation to their work at the Presidency.

“We had agreed that Seth Eyiah of GBC will read our tribute which was in the brochure. As the event started, we realised that they were calling everybody but us. So we approached Dave Agbenu who was the MC and he told us that he had been instructed not to call us to read our tribute.

“This is not fair, how can they gag us at our own colleague’s funeral when everything was planned? We have had enough of this coercion. If they have nothing to fear, why won’t they allow us to read our tribute,” one of the angry reporters who spoke to StarrFMonline.com on condition of anonymity fumed.

The late Ghanaian Times reporter who died in the Presidential Press Corps accident was buried today, Thursday September 17.

Nuamah who has been reporting from the presidency for some years now died on the spot when the vehicle on which they were traveling burst a tyre, while three other reporters including Napoleon Atto Kittoe and Pascaline Adadevoh of GBC sustained serious injuries.

The vehicle was returning to Accra from the Volta region where President Mahama had attended the annual convention of the EP Church on August 20.

Source:Ghana/StarrFMonline.com/103.5FM

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.