News Headlines
Home » Gen. News » Kweku Ninja killer Murderer Nabbed After 15 Years On The Run

Kweku Ninja killer Murderer Nabbed After 15 Years On The Run

After 15 years on the run, Kwesi Appiah Buahene has finally been nabbed for his involvement in the murder of murdering two police constables at Ablekuma, near Accra.

Buahene, also known as Akututse, 51, was arrested last Sunday at his hideout at Senkyem, near Assin Fosu in the Central Region where he was teaching at a public basic school.

The suspect, according to the police, also posed as a promoter and public relations officer of a Kumasi based radio station. He is currently in police custody assisting with investigations.

In 1998, Buahene, together with two others serving prison sentences murdered General Constables, Owusu Seyere alias Kweku Ninja, and Jerry Wornu alias ‘taller’.

The police, in March 2011, arrested another suspect, Kwesi Kwei, in connection with the case whiles many others are being sought for.

The bizarre murder created nationwide outcry at the time, especially when the victims were killed in a very gruesome manner and buried beneath a newly constructed building at the time.

Soon after the murders the police embarked on a swoop in Ablekuma, leading to the arrest of hundreds of people including grannies.

Briefing ‘The Ghanaian Times’ in Accra, the Accra Regional Crime Officer, Chief Superintendent Frank Adufati said on March 4, 2011 when Kwei was arrested and interrogated, he mentioned Buahene as one of the suspects.

Recalling the incident, Mr. Adufati said in November 1998, a complainant reported to the Police Striking Force Unit in Accra of a parcel of land which was being trespassed by three people, namely’ Terminator’, ‘Black Rasta’ and one Wisdom suspected to be land guards.

He said, the personnel were immediately dispatched to the scene to effect the arrest of the three.

On their arrival, Chief Superintendent Adufati said the officers were met with fierce resistance from the suspects who were wielding AK 47 and pump action guns and in the process fired at Wornu who fell unconscious with blood oozing and died shortly.

The suspects also raised alarm on the two officers which attracted a mob.

Sensing danger, he said, Owusu Sekyere took to his heels and in the process joined a moving tipper-truck loaded with sand in an attempt to outwit the pursuing crowd.

Chief Superintendent Adufati noted that Kwei who was then sitting in the bucket, where the sand was, hit Owusu Sekyere and he fell off.

He said the crowd including Buahene, pounced on Owusu Seyere and beat him to death.

The deceased, he said, was dragged into a bush near Ablekuma where a hole was dug and the corpse dumped.

The group, he said, subsequently exhumed the body of Wornu from a well in which he was initially buried, where Owusu’s body was also exhumed, and both corpses buried under a newly constructed building and a concrete caste on them to outwit investigators.

Chief Superintendent Adufati said the suspect would be put before court after investigations have been completed and appealed to the public who have information on some of the suspects to inform the police.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.