News Headlines
Home » Headlines » Autopsy Report: Adams died from shock lungs, extensive acid burns

Autopsy Report: Adams died from shock lungs, extensive acid burns


The Upper East Region Chairman of the New Patriotic Party died of extensive acid burns and shock lungs (acute respiratory distress syndrome), an autopsy report has indicated.

Adams Mahama died a day after he was bathed with acid by some unscrupulous men, one of whom is alleged to be Gregory Afoko, brother of the chairman of opposition party, Paul Afoko.

Even though no medical report initially supported the claim that Mahama died directly as a result of the acid burns, many were quick to draw that inference due to the severity of the burns sustained by the NPP chair in the Upper East.

A car seat on which Mahama sat during the acid attack had been burned seriously. The man himself was confirmed dead at the Bolgatanga Hospital and later buried according to Islamic traditions.

When one of the suspects was brought to court on Tuesday, the prosecution for the first time made the autopsy report available linking the death of the deceased person directly to the acid attack he suffered the night before.

Joy News’ Kwakye Afreh-Nuamah reported Superintendent Francis Baah as saying the deceased person died from “shock lungs and extensive acid burns,” and preferred murder charges against the suspect.

A shock lung is described in medical terms as a “life-threatening medical condition characterized by widespread inflammation in the lungs.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.