News Headlines
Home » Headlines » Fetish Priest Arrested In Lagos Over Anloga Welder’s Murder

Fetish Priest Arrested In Lagos Over Anloga Welder’s Murder

The 28-year old fetish priest, who allegedly murdered a 33 year-old welder at Anloga, in the Keta municipality, has been arrested in Nigeria.

Reports available to The Ghanaian Times indicate that following effective collaboration between Interpol Ghana and their Nigerian counterparts, Kwaku Teteza, was smoked out of his hideout in Lagos last Friday.

An accomplice, John Afizie, 33, alias Auto, who was earlier arrested at Kwabenya, in Accra, has been remanded by a magistrate’s court at Anloga for conspiracy and abetment of crime, while a third suspect, Agbenyegah Senakie, is said to be on the run.

Teteza, the fetish priest, together with other accomplices, were alleged to have murdered Peter Tamakloe at Afatome, a suburb of Anloga, on Friday, July 11.

The Ghanaian Times on July 23, reported that the Anloga police had mounted a man-hunt for a 28-year-old fetish priest for allegedly murdering a 33-year-old welder at Anloga in the Keta municipality.

The fetish priest and other accomplices including one Kofi or Kofa also of the shrine allegedly killed Peter Tamakloe, and buried him in an uncompleted building at Afatome a suburb of Anloga.

The deceased who lost his father last month, was allegedly carrying on him GH¢5,000 meant for the renovation of the family house ahead of the father’s funeral in October.

A brother of the deceased name (withheld) told The Ghanaian Times that his brother left Accra that Friday for Woe in the Keta municipality and arrived at Anloga around 4 p.m., and told them that he would attend the funeral of a friend at Anloga and meet them the following day.

The deceased, he said, checked in at the hotel at Anloga and ordered for a room reservation.

He said the brother, after making the a reservation, made series of phone calls, after which Teteza visited him and the two were served with bottles of soft drinks.

According to the brother, after the deceased had taken his drink, he gave his mobile phone number to the hotel manager to call him anytime the room was ready, and left, together with the suspect.

The brother explained that, at about 6p.m. that day, the deceased’s wife informed them that all attempts to reach the husband on his phone had proved futile as the phone had been switched off.

He said they also tried to reach him but to no avail, and decided to go to Anloga the following day where the hotel manager told them that though the deceased booked for a room, he did not come back to sleep there. Disturbed at the news, they were directed to see the suspects, who denied ever knowing the deceased.

While they were combing the Anloga town, they met a cousin who informed them that she saw the deceased in the company of the suspect that Friday evening.

Armed with that piece of information, the brother and some family members began their own investigation and learnt that some people were seen that Friday night digging a pit in an uncompleted building.

Five days after the disappearance of the deceased, the suspect confessed to the cousin’s husband that he knew him, and that they met briefly on Friday and later separated contrary to his earlier claim that he did not know the deceased.

They reported the matter to the police who took them to the uncompleted building, where they saw that the place had been disturbed.

The police, with the assistance of the youth in the area, started digging the place and saw the body of the deceased in the pit.

According to his brother the police ordered an end to the digging, fearing that it could be another person’s grave and sought an exhumation order from the Anloga court before exhuming the body the following day.

He said both hands and feet of the deceased were tied, and a red piece of cloth used to blindfold him while a black piece of cloth was used to cover the mouth.

He said the brother’s throat was slit leaving just a tiny piece of flesh holding it to the body while the body was almost decomposed.

The suspect, realising that the body had been found, fled the town together with his accomplices while the body was deposited at the Keta Government Hospital mortuary.

The Anloga District Police Commander, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Robert Kwesi Boakye, who confirmed the incident, said by the time they received the information, the suspect had fled his house.

He said the police had initiated investigations into the case and assured that everything possible would be done to arrest the suspects.

ASP Boakye, appealed to the public to volunteer information on the whereabouts of the suspects.

From: Lawrence Vomafa- Akpalu, Anloga
– See more at:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.