News Headlines
Home » Headlines » Blood Flows At NPP Headquarters

Blood Flows At NPP Headquarters

Source: Daily Post

Blood was made to flow freely yesterday like water from a tap when violence broke out at the NPP headquarters again!
The intensity of the brutality was shocking! People were slit open with machetes while others were stabbed. Horrified journalists who were present but safely in a room upstairs could only look on with horror and shock! For the second time in less than three months, the police had to rush to the party’s headquarters to prevent certain bloodbath and the loss of precious lives.
Once more, the blood-letting was due to the fight for supremacy in the party between the Alan and Akufo-Addo camps.
Eyewitnesses say the violence broke out when almost twenty able-bloodied me, ostensibly supporters of Nana Akufo Addo stormed the party’s headquarters wielding machetes, broken bottles and guns at a time the National Chairman, Paul Afoko and the General-Secretary, Kwabena Agyei Agyepong, were addressing a press conference to explain the order for Perry Okudjeto, Director of Communication of the party, to proceed on leave..
Citifmonline quoted their reporter, Richard Sky as saying “I have so far seen about four different youth with blood stains all over their bodies. At one point, I saw one of the guys with a machete using it to stab someone who was in Otiko Djaba’s vehicle. The boy subsequently came out with blood stains over his shirt.”
Otiko Djaa is the National Woem’s Organiser of the party.
Peacefmonline’s reporter, Prince Ahenkan, who was also present said the marauding armed men tried to set ablaze a vehicle in the compound.
“The men poured dirty oil on a parked four-wheel car but were prevented from setting it on fire,” he was quoted by the private website as saying.
The targets of the men wielding the dangerous implements were obviously Paul Afoko and Kwabena Agyepong over their leadership style and their perceived targeting of people seen as loyalist of Akufo Addo working at the party’s headquarters.
Paul Afoko braved the situation to go down stairs after some level of normalcy had been restored to explain matters to the angry youth but Kwabena Agyepong, the main target, was nowhere to be found.
With people being slashed here and there, journalists who were on the first floor of the building attending the press conference had to stay put there for fear of being butalised.
On June 23rd, 2014, Police had to dash to the same party headquarters to avert a possible blood bath after violence broke out over who had the right to be on guard duties there.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.