Source: radioxyzonline.comAsantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has publicly spoken for the first time in weeks, dispelling rumours that he was very sick and perhaps dead.
The Asante Monarch broke his silence when he met the local Black Stars in South Africa today (Saturday) ahead of their game with Libya in the CHAN tournament finals.
Otumfuo urged the Stars to go all out to beat the Libyans and bring the trophy home.
The local Black Stars beat Nigeria by 4-1 in the semi-finals through penalties to secure a date with the Libyans.
Otumfuo, who has been in South Africa for a few weeks said he had to be in that country for a routine medical checkup.
He said he also needed to go on a holiday and denied rumours that he was seriously ill.
Rumours of the Monarch’s death were replete on social media last week, prompting a response from the Manhyia palace.
Despite the denial of the rumour by the Manhyia palace, residents of Kumasi said they would be rest assured only after hearing the Otumfuo speak.
Otumfuo Osei Tutu II says he will be among the spectators to watch the game later today as the Stars clash with the Libyans.