- November 9, 2013 9:00 am
- November 9, 2013 11:00 am
- IIT Tower Building
- Address: Google Map
10 West 35th Street, Chicago, 60616, United States
If you have been a Legal Permanent Resident (Green card Holder) for at least 5 years, (or) 3 years and you are married to a U.S. Citizen, then you are eligible to apply to become a U.S. Citizen.
In collaboration with the New Americans Initiative, UAO holds a workshop every month to assist eligible applicants with their citizenship applications.
At the workshop applicants will receive:
- Free assistance to complete the application for naturalization
- Free legal consultation with an immigration attorney
- Free information on how to apply for application fee waiver
- Free study materials to prepare for the test and interview
Applicants may qualify to apply for citizenship at no cost if:
- Your family receives public benefits (Link, Medicaid, SSI, TANF)
- Your income is equal to or less than 150% of the FPL as listed in the table.
Household Size Yearly Income
1 – $ 17,235 2
2 – $ 23,265 3
3 – $ 29,295 4
4 – $ 35,325 5
5 – $ 41,355 6
6 – $ 47,385 7
7 – $ 53,415 8
8 – $ 59,455
To fill out the citizenship form, please bring the following documents:
- Have your Green Card, Social Security Card, State ID or Driver’s License
- List of places you have traveled to since you received your residency (Including month, day, and year of travel)
- List of where you have lived, worked and/ or studied for the past 5 years
- Information about your spouse including: name, date of birth, social security number,
- Green Card number and/or date and place your spouse became a citizen (if applicable)
- Information about your children including address, name, date of birth & greencard number (if applicable)
- If you are married, have your date of marriage available
- Information about previous marriages for both you and your spouse (if applicable):
- Date of prior marriage, date the marriage ended and reason the marriage ended.
- If applicable, information about any arrests: reason for the arrest, date, place and disposition
- For men only: Selective Service number and date of registration, call (847) 688-6888 if you don’t know
- Money Order/Cashier’s Check for $680.00 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- You may qualify to apply for citizenship at no cost! To determine eligibility, please bring:
To determine eligibility for fee waiver, please bring the following documents:
- Your W2 and most recent federal income tax returns
- Check stubs from the last 30 days.
- Unemployment checks and letter (if applicable) or
- LINK, Medical or TANF card with a letter from the agency starting and the date when you receive those benefits.
Making the decision to become a U.S. citizen is one of the most important decisions in an individuals life. Many on the pathway to citizenship are afraid to reach out,do not know who to reach out to, or cannot afford to reach out. In those moments, you can shine a beam of light. You can play an important role by volunteering to assist others to become U.S. citizens and participate in our democracy.
You’ll be working with some of the best volunteers and attorneys, who’ll be assisting with basics like – registering applicants, ushering, assisting with filling forms, getting needed documents together, to legal consultation with an immigration attorney, completing N-400 naturalization application forms, and fee waiver forms.
If you’ve been looking for a way to play a bigger part in the community, the Citizenship Workshop is where you need to be.
For more information, contact us at 312-949-9980 or email@example.com
– See more at: http://uniteafricans.org/event/citizenship-workshop-12#sthash.rsSbeWgZ.dpuf
Source: UAO Chicago