IMPORTANT CHICAGO REOPENING NOTICE
As part of our Phase IV: Gradually Resume guidelines, the reinstatement of certain restrictions will go into effect Friday, July 24 at 12:01 a.m. These restrictions are the most up to date and take precedence over the industry-specific guidelines if there are points of contradiction.
- When dining out at a food service establishment or bar, customers can take off their masks while seated, but must now put masks back on whenever interacting with staff (ordering food, talking to servers)
- Bars, taverns, breweries and other establishments that serve alcohol for on-site consumption without a retail food license will no longer be able to serve customers indoors
- Restaurants that serve alcohol will be allowed to continue to operate as long as they abide by ongoing COVID-19 guidance and existing regulations
- Establishments without food may still provide outdoor service as they did under Phase III guidelines
- Maximum party size and table occupancy at restaurants, bars, taverns, breweries and event venues will be reduced to six people (indoor or outdoor)
- Indoor fitness class size will be reduced to a maximum of 10 people
- Personal services requiring the removal of face coverings will no longer be permitted (shaves, facials, etc.)
- Residential property managers are asked to limit guest entry to five additional people for single-member households such that total indoor gatherings and parties do not exceed six people
These restrictions, as part of Phase IV guidelines, are in effect until further notice. Continue checking this website for the most up-to-date information.
As part of Illinois’ Restore Illinois Phase 4 guidelines, revised guidelines for youth and adult sports will go into effect Saturday, August 15 at 12:01 a.m. Types of play are limited based on each sport’s risk level.youthsports