KWAMI ALORVI’S MESSAGE TO HON. MINISTER OF EDUCATION
Napo, it seems you are getting completely confused about what education is meant to be in Ghana. Any pronouncement you make about our education in the country sends shivers to my system.
1. You are going to change duration of University education from 4 to 3 years.
2. You are going to admit students from a central point in Accra like the SHS, on behalf of all Public Universities as from 2019/2020 academic year, ignorant of the fact that, admissions in Universities are faculty based.
3. Double track SHS is going to end in 2019, but your Deputy comes to counter you, emphasizing that Double tracking would continue beyond 2019.
4. You are not going to allow non PhD holders to lecture at the Universities when you don’t have enough personnel. Some of us including you were taught at the Universities to be what we are today by non PhD holders anyway.
5. You have converted Colleges of Education to tertiary institutions, and are giving students allowances instead of student loan as pertains in all other tertiary institutions. And yet the students wear prescribed uniforms, sign exeat when going out of campus, wake up to rising bells every morning, weed the campus as labourers unlike other tertiary institutions. And when the students complete, you ask them to do compulsory National Service, their one year free off campus teaching not withstanding, because you don’t have money to pay them, and so want to recoup the monies you wasted on them as allowances.
6. The Colleges of Education are now tertiary, yet you don’t want to pay the lecturers tertiary salaries as their counterparts in other tertiary institutions.
7. You have removed from office the Vice Chancellors of UEW, Cape Coast Technical University, Wa Technical University. You would have done same to the VCs of UCC and KNUST but you met your correct ”Otumfour” as a big baobab tree your hands could not go round.
8. And now you are going to convert JHS and SHS certificates to Diploma.
Tramol, I beg oo, leave our Education Authorities alone to think correctly
#Cry Nkrumah’s Ghana
#Cry Ghana’s Education.