Senior Journalist, Abdul Malik Kweku Baako, has made some shocking revelations about happenings at the Ministry of Youth and Sports that preceded the suspension of the Deputy Sports Minister, Pius Enam Hadzide.
According to Mr. Baako, Sports Minister, Isaac Asiamah, engineered the suspension of Mr. Hadzide through a letter submitted to the seat of government; The Jubilee House.
The Editor-in-Chief of New Crusading Guide Newspaper, who said he has a copy of the document, revealed that the content of the document, suggests personality clashes between the Minister and his deputy, saying they are at “loggerheads” prior to the Australian incident.
“Right at the Ministry, at the very top, there’s some little conflict. There’s some friction [at the] very top. Yes, I think they’ve been at loggerheads”.
This means that the Police CID has not done any investigation as claimed by the press release from the Flagstaff House announcing the suspension of Mr. Hadzide.
The Herald has meanwhile landed some documents about happenings at the Ministry of Youth and Sports, and will in the coming days, bring it to light.
President Nana Akufo-Addo, last week suspended the Deputy Sports Minister, as well as the Director General of the National Sports Authority, Robert Sarfo Mensah, over their alleged involvement in the registration of fake names to this year’s Commonwealth Games at Australia.
Sixty (60) Ghanaians who claimed to be journalists were arrested by Australian authorities and deported to Ghana for allegedly making attempts to enter Australia by false pretence in the 21st Commonwealth Games.
“The President of the Republic, Nana AddoDankwaAkufo-Addo, on Thursday, 12th April 2018, suspended from office, with immediate effect, the Deputy Minister for Youth and Sports, Pius EnamHadzide; and the acting Director General of the National Sports Authority, Hon. Robert Sarfo Mensah. This decision has been taken following preliminary investigations conducted into the circumstances that led to the arrest of some sixty (60) Ghanaians, who had allegedly attempted to enter Australia by false pretences, in the on-going 21st Commonwealth Games”, a statement from the Presidency dated 12th April 2018 read.
But there appears to be more to the issue than meets the eye, as the Editor-in-Chief of the New Crusading Guide, disclosed on Kokrokoo on Peace FM on Wednesday that, there is been friction at the hierarchy of the Sports Ministry.
He stated categorically that, the Sports Minister, Isaac Asiamah and his suspended Deputy were at “loggerheads”, prior to the infamous Australian incident.
Kweku Baako, recounted that before the suspension of the Deputy Sports Minister, a preliminary investigation had been conducted and apparently, a report which was at the behest of Sector Minister, was sent to the Presidency which may have informed the decision of the President to suspend his Deputy.
He further told host Kwami Sefa Kayi that per the report he was privy to regarding the issue, the Ministry is a “disaster zone”.
He, therefore, called for an overhaul of the entire Ministry and also asked the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) of the Police Service to “fast-track” their investigations to ascertain the truth.
“…what is it that’s hidden in that Ministry? Maybe we need an overhaul; a total overhaul…It’s a disaster zone; this country, when it comes to Sports”, Mr Baako stressed.