TOP GHANA NEWS FOR TODAY – WEDNESDAY, 10TH JANUARY 2018…
General News Headlines…
* I don’t have problem with Rawlings – Mahama.
* Mahama explains why Rawlings ‘snubbed’ him at 25th anniversary celebration.
* President Akufo-Addo must confess his sins and ask God for forgiveness – Koku Anyidoho.
* I’ll support anyone NDC chooses as 2020 candidate – Mahama.
* Christian Council names Peter Amewu Minister of the year 2017.
* President Akufo-Addo fixing ‘destroyed’ economy; give him space, time – Kufuor.
* Depoliticise pro-poor policies – Christian Council urges President Akufo-Addo.
* Human Rights Watch steps up LGBT campaign; Petitions IGP for protection.
* Pay our arrears for 2016/2017 by January 15 – GRASAG to government.
* Special Prosecutor’s Bill not a requirement for prosecution – Senior Minister.
* Galamsey difficult to eliminate – Supt. Dela Dzensi.
* Mahama’s ‘bunch of thieves’ shall be arrested from next week – NPP Communicator.
* NPP’s performance in 2017 was abysmal – NDC Communications Director.
* It is pretentious to believe judges do not have political ideologies – Atuguba.
* No conspiracy to kill CMS case; lack of proper investigation killing case – A-G.
* Asante Akyem Youth commend DCE for attacking Police Commander.
* Ghana can still keep Gitmo 2 – Pius Enam Hadzide.
* President Akufo-Addo himself knows Ghana does not need 110 ministers – David Agbee.
* Policeman attacks Multimedia’s photojournalist.
* Fight between Police Chief and Asante Akyem DCE has a remote cause – COP Ken Yeboah.
* Archbishop Asafo-Agyei gets global recognition for piles treatment.
* Celebrating Silver Jubilee of the Fourth Republic; Good, bad and ugly.
* Afoko trial adjourned to January 23.
* UK-born Ghanaian gets top education job in Theresa May’s government.
* Court orders Police to speed up former Vandal murder case.
* Ghana’s democratic credentials rubbing off me – Mahama.
* ‘Borla taxi’ operators urged to patronize waste transfer stations.
* Mahama attributes seeming tension with Rawlings to ‘mood swings’.
* Rawlings must respect Mahama – Victor Smith.
* Human rights activists pushing for gay rights are mad – Maurice Ampaw.
* NCA scandal: Speedy trial in the interest of accused persons – Gloria Akuffo.
* I became a weed and cocaine addict from age 16 – Young man confesses.
* I used to consume a crate of alcohol a day – Man confesses.
* Evacuation of herdsmen back to drawing board after shooting of soldiers.
* Four ‘problematic’ roundabouts yet to be removed three months after Minister’s order.
* We slashed 2016 enlistment cost by half – Immigration debunks exploitation claims.
* Kufuor praises Kwame Despite, Siaw Agyapong, others for being successful entrepreneurs.
* Ghanaian appointed Minister in England.
* NPP will lose if Ghanaians are to vote today – Kwaku Manu.
* Let’s unite solidly behind the free SHS policy – Rev. Dr. Ayittey Mensah.
>>> Sports Headlines…
* John Mensah’s career is over – Kwaku Bonsam reveals.
* Ghana forward Kwesi Appiah undergoes successful surgery.
* Daniel Opare on EPL side Leicester City’s radar.
* Dong Bortey slaps ex-Black Stars coach with bribery allegations.
>>> Business Headlines…
* No ‘dumsor’ in 2018 – Agyarko assures.
* GoldFields Ghana clarifies decision on contract mining.
* One District One Factory: GH¢7m for Ekumfi Juice Factory.
* Jospong is a businessman worthy of emulating – Kufuor.
>>> Entertainment Headlines…
* Kalybos quits ‘Boys Kasa’ series, starts own skit ‘Adventures of Kalybos’.
* Let’s disgrace ourselves – Shatta Wale to SM fans.
* Ignoring veteran Ghanaian actors is worrying – Kwaku Manu.
* LilWin opens up on problems in his marriage.
>>> World News Headlines…
* Trump administration approves $133 million anti-ballistic missile sale to Japan.
* Trump gets slammed for saying ‘I’ll beat Oprah’ if she makes presidential run in 2020.
* Soccer star Matuidi racially abused twice in one week.
* Oprah’s home affected by Southern California mudslides.
SOURCE: GHANAWEB (VISIT THERE TO READ MORE DETAILS ON EACH STORY ABOVE)