Ghanaians always have an opinion; even when the popular perception of something is positive, you can trust a few citizens to come up with sour unpleasant opinions.
This was the situation at the Ghana @ 60 parade where the second lady of the republic, Samira Bawumia attended the event wearing what most people thought was a perfect choice of an attire.
But some were of a different opinion.
1. Mubarak Adam for instance on Facebook believes that merely being decently dressed is not enough for a muslem woman.
In fact I’m not impress with Dr bawumia and his wife samira, this is not how we saw them during the just ended election. A married Muslim woman is not suppose to dress this way.
2. A twitter user by the handle My Infobitmallam shared a similar opinion that Samira was not well dressed. Can you believe that?
My Infobitmallam @infobitmallam
am really disappointed on Samira Bawumia dressing. you are a muslim for God sake dress as such.
3. And when someone on Facebook asked what was wrong with the second lady’s outfit, this user had a rather shallow response.
4. But Samuel Otoo on Twitter could not help lashing out at these critics.
Samuel Fahren Otoo @samuelotoo
Chief Imam okays Samira Bawumia’s dress. Are you more Muslim than the Chief Imam. Take your nonsense elsewhere.
5. Well, other people on social media obviously put the Vice President and his wife on a very high pedestal.
Frankly speaking, Bawumia and Samira have over shadowed Nana and Aunty Rebecca