The chain of shops at the Tip-Toe Lane at the Kwame Nkrumah Circle in Accra has been gutted by a wild fire.
An eyewitness told Starrfmonline.com that an electric cable sparked the fire which has razed down about 15 shops.
The incident which happened around 10 pm on Saturday occurred minutes after power supply was restored to the area since Wednesday’s flood.
The fire is said to have started from a mini shopping mall and spread to some phone and accessory shops close by.
Personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service had a torrid time dousing the inferno with five of their tenders.
This is the second fire to have hit Ghana’s capital Accra after last Wednesday’s explosion at the GOIl filling station some 800 meters away from the Tip-Toe Lane.
Over 170 people perished in that fire and flood which occurred at the same time and on the same day.
The government has declared a three-day mourning starting Monday.
Source: Ghana/starrfmonline.com/105.3 FM