CHICAGO — At least eight people were wounded, including a 14-year-old boy, in shootings since Saturday morning across the city, police said.
In Chicago Lawn around 7:30 p.m., a 14-year-old boy was standing in the 5900 block of South Maplewood Avenue when a passing SUV fired shots, striking the boy in the left ankle, said Officer Amina Greer, a Chicago police spokeswoman.
The boy was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition, Greer said.
• In the most recent shooting, a 29-year-old man was shot during a fight with four other men in Avondale.
Around 1:30 a.m., the man was shot in his leg during a fight in the 3400 block of North Elston Avenue, Greer said.
The man, who according to police is a documented gang member, drove himself to Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center where his condition had stabilized.
• Three people were shot within minutes of each other in Chicago Lawn around 1 a.m., police said. At about 1:15 a.m., a 41-year-old woman was standing in the street in the 6500 block of South Maplewood Avenue, when she heard shots and felt pain. The woman was shot in her leg and taken to Holy Cross Hospital where her condition had stabilized, Greer said.
A couple blocks away, just 15 minutes earlier, a 35-year-old woman was standing on her back porch in the 6600 block of South Oakley Avenue, when shots were fired from an alley. The woman was shot in her thigh and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where her condition had stabilized, Greer said.
Shortly after, a 25-year-old man walked into Advocate Christ with a gunshot wound to his back and told police he was shot near the same location. His condition had since stabilized, Greer said.
• In Auburn Gresham around 11:45 p.m., a 26-year-old man was driving an SUV eastbound in the 1800 block of West 89th Street when a dark-colored sedan drove alongside and fired shots, Greer said.
The man, who is a documented gang member, drove himself to Little Company of Mary Hospital with a gunshot wound to his arm and was listed in good condition, police said.
• At 9:20 p.m. in West Pullman, a 19-year-old man was approached by two unknown men who attempted to rob him in the 12300 block of South Union Avenue. During the scuffle, the man was shot in his foot. He taken to Metro South Medical Center in Blue Island where he was listed in good condition, Greer said.
• Several hours earlier in North Lawndale, a 26-year-old man was shot in both legs during a domestic dispute in the 4100 block of West Cermak Road. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital for treatment, Greer said.