Manchester United players are being investigated by club bosses over claims they filmed a woman as she performed a sex act on their teammate in a nightclub toilet cubicle, it has been reported.
The video taken of the footballer, who has not been named, and the woman, understood to be in her late 20s, is then said to have been shown to other members of the team.
Claims over the sordid sex tape are the latest shame for the footballing community – which has been dogged by scandal following the release of rapist Ched Evans from prison last October.
The video was taken by players filming over the top of the toilet cubicle in an exclusive venue in Manchester, a source told the Sun on Sunday.
The source said: ‘They were in the toilets with the doors closed but other players were filming over the top of the door. It’s disgusting behaviour.
‘The girl has also been told there was someone filming from underneath.’
The woman, who is understood to socialise with the players, is now concerned that the video, thought to have been filmed as a prank, is being passed around the team.
She is also worried it may be leaked to a website and damage the reputation of her and the team, the source said. The source added: ‘It was a drunken moment and they both got a bit excited’.
It comes just a week after rapist footballer Ched Evans made claims he has new evidence he believes will help him overturn his conviction
The disgraced striker, 26, maintains he is ‘innocent’ of attacking his victim in a Rhyl hotel room in 2011 because he believes the sex was consensual.
Evans has successfully applied to the Criminal Cases Review Commission to have his 2012 conviction re-examined, but sent a new bundle of evidence to them last month.
His solicitor has told MailOnline last week that he is confident that the disgraced former Sheffield United striker will be cleared.
Evans was released from prison last October after completing half of a five-year jail sentence for raping a 19-year-old woman.
The Welsh striker denied rape, saying the sex was consensual, but he was found guilty by a jury at Caernarfon Crown Court.