Source: Ghana | Myjoyonline.com
1. Weija abandons footbridge… destroys dam gate for easy access
Residents of some communities around the Weija Dam have abandoned a footbridge constructed over the Densu River to aid their movement.
2. 23 perish in Bompata accident
3. 2 in police grip for sim box fraud
1. Joe Ghartey quits NPP race
Joe Ghartey, MP for Essikado Ketan and one of the aspirants in the Sunday New patriotic Party (NPP) special delegates’ congress, has dropped out of the party’s main flagbearership elections to be held in October.
2. 21 killed in gory crash
1. NPP delegates out of reach…switch off phones after swerving candidates
The Finder’s investigations have revealed that moments after the special electoral college elections were declared, delegates who failed to vote for aspirants as promised switched off their mobile phones.
2. NSS posting out 6pm today – P4
3. Tema MCE blows GH¢ 40,000…on birthday party for staff
1. Asoma Banda takes swipe at PWC…over role in proposed national airline
Business mogul, Alhaji Dr Asoma Banda, says the government’s decision to choose PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) as transaction advisors on the setting up of a national airline raises ethical questions and lacks “the sincerity of trust”
2. Metso Corp. cited for contempt…for defying court orders
3. Do we eat inflation?
1. Solutions to graduate joblessness
Huge inroads will be made into graduate unemployment if universities begin to trace their students into the world of work to understand whether the skills they have acquired are relevant to their jobs, Prof. Clement K. Dzidonu, president of the Accra Institute of Technology, has said.
2. Farmers want gov’t support to combat fruit-flies
3. Property developers urged to change sales tactics
1. Anloga murder case: Cops save fetish priest…as angry residents storm court
The police at Anloga in the Keta municipality, last Friday had to sneak a 28-year-old fetish priest, Kwaku Tettezah, into the Anloga Magistrate Court room, to prevent him from being lynched.
2. SIM box fraudsters arrested
3. Travel agents had only verbal contract
1. Otumfuo charges Mahama – to take resolute measures to fix the socio-economic problems
The king of Ashanti, Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II called on President John Mahama to take resolute measures to fix the socio-economic difficulties facing the nation.
2. Prez Mahama joins residents to clean up Accra